Saturday, March 5, 2011

Series Saturday Part 1

I walk in the door and throw my coat and purse on the floor. I feel like throwing myself on the floor and crying. Honestly, if J wasn't sitting on the couch, reading the paper, I would. "Hi." He says, his voice void of any expression. He looks at me and then down at my coat and purse. I ignore his stare. "Hi." I say as I kick my shoes off. He watches, with eye brows raised, as they slide down the hallway, the hardwood floor scratching them. "Are those the new shoes you just had to have?" "Mmhmm. I had a bad day." I whisper as I try to curl up on his lap. He smells so good. It's not cologne. It's what I call his "man smell." He crosses his leg and holds the paper firmly in front of him, making it impossible for me to get on his lap. "I said I had a bad day." I whine. "Mmhmm." He says. He's mocking me and I'm not amused. 

His eyes stay locked on the words in front of him. "So move your arms and legs and let me cuddle with you." "Go pick up your things from the floor. I sent the butler home early." We don't have a butler. "I will as soon as I sit here and relax for a minute." I say softly as I smack the news paper. It rips down the middle. "Dammit, C. I said pick up your things and put them where they belong." He yells....and I mean yells as he grabs my arm and lands 10 crisp smacks to my bottom. He always spanks me. He never yells. "No. I'm going to relax first." I say as I lay flat on the couch and close my eyes, hiding my tears. I won't rub the sting out of my bottom. He will not have that satisfaction. And I like the sting. It will remind me how impertinent he is being. He stomps out to the kitchen and slams pots around. I had an exhausting day. As soon as I close my eyes, I'm sleeping.

 I wake up to the alarm clock going off. It startles me and I run to the bedroom to turn it off. Next to the alarm clock is a note.

             -C 
  I put the left over casserole in the oven. It should still be warm. Eat. I mean it, young lady. You are already in enough trouble as it is. You don't want to push me more. After you've eaten and cleaned up the kitchen go take a shower, get your pajamas on and then pick up your things from the foyer. Wait for me in the corner in the bedroom. I went out to dinner with some friends. I'll be home before bedtime. 
           -J 

Hot tears run down my face. "Out to dinner with friends and you expect me to eat this casserole that wasn't even good yesterday? After the day I had, don't you think I'd like to go out to dinner with you and drink wine and eat bread and talk and laugh? But no, I'm sitting here eating nasty casserole and getting myself ready for bed like an 8 year old. I won't do it." All of this was said out loud, to no one. I went on and on cursing him and pouting until something caught my eye; the hairbrush was sitting on the bed. "Surely he will not use that on me just because I ripped his news paper." I say, trying to reassure myself. "Maybe I will have some casserole after all. 

After a few pieces of casserole and a few more glasses of wine, I float down the hallway to take my shower and get ready for bed. 20 minutes later I'm standing in the corner, involuntarily swaying back and forth. I am no longer nervous and don't care that the hairbrush is on the bed, begging to be used. I am feeling indestructible....and drunk. I hear his car pull into the garage. "Oh god." I say with a giggle. 

.... 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, C. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is she, Thanks for stopping by. Maybe you should write part 2. You have the experience. I'll just be making it up as I go. I would never be naughty enough to be drunk in the corner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dev. I'm reading some great inspiration from a superb writer right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goodness, I wish you'd asked me. I would have told you that was a very, very bad idea. Looking forward to part two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarlet, I should have known you'd know all about this. I hope to be on your naughty level one day!

    ReplyDelete